The Opus Plasma PRP Facial uses an advanced skin resurfacing technology that combines radiofrequency with fractional plasma energy to tighten and repair the skin and correct many conditions. Each treatment stimulates collagen and elastin production and improves skin tone, texture, and laxity. Results are long-lasting and may continue for several months and even years post treatment. Adding Platlet Rich Plasma (PRP) as a topical serum directly following an Opus Plasma face treatment adds growth hormones and proteins, speeds up the healing process, boosts collagen production, and enhances results.
What it treats
- Acne scars
- Age spots
- Broken blood vessels
- Collagen loss
- Dull complexion
- Enlarged pores
- Fine lines
- Loose skin
- Rough skin texture
- Sagging skin
- Skin dullness and laxity
- Stretch marks
- Sun damage
- Uneven skin tone and texture
If you’re familiar with the microneedling vampire facial, this treatment is very similar but more advanced and provides superior results. Microneedling creates tiny holes in the top layer of your skin only. Opus Plasma coagulates the skin at the dermis layer and resurfaces the top layers of the skin via ablation. This means that sagging skin, fine lines, skin tone and texture, scars, and pigmentation are all addressed with this treatment.
How it works
Though it may seem counterproductive to improve skin by damaging it, the idea behind fractional resurfacing is to cause controlled damage to the skin, initiating a wound-healing response that stimulates tissue regeneration and renewal. The result is significant improvement to skin’s health and appearance.
Who is a good candidate?
Anyone with any skin type who wants to improve the appearance of their overall skin tone and texture and reduce and prevent the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles – all in a noninvasive, natural, and chemical-free way.
- Impaired immune system – lupus, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis
- Extensive radiation therapy
- Active collagen or vascular disease
- Isotretinoin in the past 12 months
- Metal implants near the treatment area
- Implantable pacemaker or automatic defibrillator/cardioverter (AICD)
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
What is the downtime?
Since the treatment targets only a fraction of the skin at a time, there is less damage to other tissue, which means it takes a shorter time to heal. The Opus Plasma® treatment has significantly less downtime compared to conventional invasive and ablative laser treatments, but produces the same, if not better, results. Because Opus Plasma® creates minimal inflammation, the average downtime consisting of pink, blotchy, tight, and dry skin is 1-3 days and you can resume your normal activities whenever you feel ready. Typically, nobody will notice you had anything done 48 hours post treatment. Following are the phases of skin recovery.
- Directly after treatment – the skin is pink, blotchy, and looks and feels like a sunburn.
- 1-3 days post treatment – the skin is less pink and blotchy and will be tight, dry, and have a rough texture. There may be areas of the skin that have micro scabbing that will exfoliate over a few days. You can wear makeup starting 48 hours post treatment.
- 4-7 days post treatment – the skin color has returned to normal, and your skin will be tight, dry, and flakey.
- Day 24 to 1 year post treatment – The newly formed collagen fibers form a network, and the skin becomes increasingly stronger. It may take several months for the regeneration phase to complete and for the connective tissue structures to reorganize. This is the treatment that keeps on giving, and results can continue to be seen up to one-year post-treatment.
When will I start to see results?
Immediate improvement can be seen in your skin’s tone and texture after each treatment, but the collagen building process takes several weeks. Therefore, final results should not be expected for several months. Patients often forget what they looked like prior to treatment, which is why we take before and after photos and share them with you.
How long do results last?
The results from Opus Plasma may last several years, especially when patients have maintenance treatments and use high-quality products to maintain their results. The reason results are not permanent is because the aging process doesn’t stop.
How long is the procedure?
The numbing process takes 45 minutes, and the treatment takes 20. Plan to be at our office for about two hours.
Is it painful?
A prescription-strength topical numbing product is applied to the treatment area prior to treatment for 45 minutes. During the treatment, patients report feeling nothing at all or 1-2 on a scale of 10.
What happens during a treatment?
After numbing the treatment area, we use the Opus machine to deliver radiofrequency and plasma energy through handpieces that glide across your skin. During the treatment, you may feel nothing at all or a mild heat sensation. After the treatment, we apply a post-treatment serum, which helps calm the skin and advance the recovery process, as well as an optional 20-minute LED Red Light therapy session, which helps calm the skin and build collagen.
Please contact us in one of the following ways to schedule an appointment.