A laser photo facial reduces hyperpigmentation, skin redness, minimizes wrinkles and fine lines, creates firmer and smoother skin, and reduces pore size. The red carpet facial. Can be done on the face and anywhere on the body.
A series of 3 treatments one month apart is recommended for optimal results.
Renew MedSpa is happy to offer the IPL Photofacial service — often referred to as the red carpet facial. This amazing treatment uses laser technology to relieve your skin of sun damage, age spots, hemangiomas, and other skin imperfections. With aging, the skin changes as the cumulative effects of sun damage reveal freckles, wrinkles, and other blemishes. Through our photorejuvenation treatments, you can experience dramatically improved health and skin quality with no downtime and minimal discomfort. Photorejuvenation is most often used on the face, neck, and chest, but it can also be used on other areas of the body to help you maintain your overall beauty.
Please contact us in one of the following ways to schedule an appointment.
What is and IPL Photofacial?
While skin products can provide hydration or mild skin improvement, IPL Photofacial treatments can offer more comprehensive care all in one session. A single photofacial using our laser system can tackle several concerns including sun damage, age spots, and wrinkles. Additionally, this laser can be used as an effective hemangioma treatment. Best of all, it carries little risk and can be done quickly. Some of the benefits of this treatment include:
- Stimulation of new collagen and elastin.
- Thickening of the dermis and shrinking of elastin fibers, resulting in firmer skin and smoother texture.
- Non-invasive and requires no downtime.
- Eliminates discolorations and reduces pore size.
- Reduces hyperpigmentation, skin redness, and minimizes wrinkles and fine lines.
- Creates an even complexion, making the skin appear more radiant and youthful.
- Assists in the healing of acne breakouts and eliminates acne-causing bacteria, minimizing the occurrences of breakouts.
- Helps speed up the healing process after cosmetic procedures such as chemical peels.
- Can be used on all skin types.
What does an IPL Photofacial address?
Our IPL Photofacial treatment was created to address several skin issues all at once. When you visit our team at Renew MedSpa, we will take the time to evaluate your condition and determine what your skin needs. Afterward, we will create a custom plan to help you get the most out of your experience with us. Some of the most common concerns tackled at our center using this device include:
- Age, brown, sun, and liver spots
- Wrinkles and fine lines
How Does This Treatment Work?
IPL Photofacial is done with a laser that subjects the skin to intense pulsed light. Before the procedure begins, protective eyewear is worn to protect the eyes. As the skin absorbs light, the light energy stimulates the underlying cells to enhance the body’s natural process of cell regeneration. It works by simulating minor injuries, prompting the skin to renew itself and improve its texture. The surface of the skin is heated to the temperature of 40 to 44 degrees C, and it’s at this temperature that stimulates collagen production. The use of an infrared thermometer allows us to drive treatment to the desired temperature. We perform 1 to 2 passes on the forehead and 2 to 4 passes on other areas.
- Recent sun exposure, sunburned, or significant tan
- Cancer (must be cancer-free for one year)
- Photosensitive medications (must stop taking three days prior to each treatment)
- Currently taking Accutane (must stop taking six months prior to treatment)
How often should I have an IPL Photofacial?
Recommended: One treatment per month for 3-6 months. Maintenance treatments once every six months. Although noticeable effects can be seen after the first session, full benefits can be experienced with multiple treatments of 3-6 treatments performed once per month. The speed at which IPL Photofacial takes effect depends largely on individual response and the condition of the skin. You will see some improvement about a week out of each treatment. The maximum results will be visible 3-5 months out if you do a series of treatments about one month apart each. It is not unusual to have your results vary with each treatment.
What should I do before my treatment?
Before you come in for your IPL Photofacial treatment, we request that you avoid sun exposure (including tanning salons) for at least two weeks before. Sun exposed skin is more susceptible to injury during laser applications, so you should also avoid it after your session as well. Additionally, we request that you avoid topical medications for a week prior to the treatment. Discontinue the use of retinoids and photosensitive medications three days before and avoid taking aspirin or ibuprofen one week before.
Immediately following your treatment, the treated areas may be pink or red with slight swelling and the appearance of small capillaries, which typically resolve on their own within hours or a couple of days following the procedure. You may notice that sun spots and discoloration actually appear darker and slightly more prominent. This is normal and a good sign that the treatment worked. Over the next few days, brown spots and other blemishes will begin to surface on the skin. The spots may actually rise and look like dark coffee grounds on the skin. These spots will naturally flake off over the following days.
After your IPL Photofacial
Following your visit, you should abide by the following guidelines to make sure you get the most out of your treatment results:
- Avoid unprotected sun exposure for at least 30 days after your session. The skin is especially sensitive as it heals, and re-damaging the skin is possible during this time.
- Use a sunscreen with at least a 30 SPF that protects against UVA and UVB rays. Be consistent with sunscreen application. This may be the most important aspect of aftercare treatment.
- Be sure to maintain moisture on the skin at all times.
- Use a gentle cleanser with warm water, twice a day.
- Make-up/cosmetic products may be used immediately after the treatment, as long as the skin is not irritated.
- Resume photosensitive medications if you stopped them prior to treatment.
- Overheating the skin can reduce the positive effects of the treatment. Do not take a hot bath, hot shower, or bask in the hot tub for at least 48 hours. Warm showers are fine, but you do not want the skin to overheat while it recovers.
- Do not scratch or pick the skin during recovery. As blemishes surface, leave them alone and let them flake off naturally. You do not want to create a scar where a brown spot once lived.
- Your skin may be sensitive for the first week or so after treatment, so do not use products that will cause irritation during this time. Do not use abrasive scrubs, toners, or products that contain alpha or beta hydroxy acids, or retinoids (i.e., Tretinoin, Retin A, Tazorac, Differin, Renova).
IPL Photofacial in Eagan, MN
If you want to rejuvenate your skin and enhance your natural beauty, we welcome you to visit our team at Renew MedSpa today. We offer effective IPL Photofacial treatments that can help you regain and retain your youthful glow. Make an appointment at our Eagan center by calling, texting, or filling our online form.
Please contact us in one of the following ways to schedule an appointment.