Rejuvenate skin around the eyes with growth factor serum injections made from your own blood – Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF).
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF) is a growth-factor serum made from a patient’s blood to stimulate collagen production, reduce wrinkles and fine lines, and improve skin texture. A special technique is used to ensure that the PRF targets every layer of the skin, which leads to better results. This treatment targets dark circles, puffiness, and sagging skin under the eyes.
How to prepare for a treatment
• Drink plenty of water in the days leading up to to your appointment. It’s important that you are hydrated for your appointment, which will require a blood draw.
• If taken pre-treatment, arnica and bromelain can help reduce post-treatment swelling and bruising. You can also take Tylenol.
• Avoid taking blood-thinning medications and supplements, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and vitamin E, for at least one week before treatment.
• Avoid alcohol for at least 24 hours before the treatment.
During the appointment
• Platelet-Rich Fibrin is derived from your own blood. During the appointment, a small amount of your blood will be drawn, similar to a routine blood test. The blood is then processed in a centrifuge machine to separate the platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and fibrin components from other blood components.
• The PRF is injected into the superficial skin and the deeper tissues around the eyes.
There is no downtime, so you can resume your daily activities and work immediately. A few things to keep in mind:
• You may see mild post-treatment side effects, such as redness, swelling, tenderness, bruising, and lumps around the treatment areas that will dissipate within a few days.
• Avoid touching or rubbing the treated area for at least six hours after the treatment.
• Avoid engaging in any strenuous physical activity or exercise for at least 24 hours after the treatment.
PRF produces gradual results over several weeks and months. You will notice the results after several weeks as your body produces new collagen fibers and skin cells. The results will continue improving for several weeks. Some patients may need additional treatments for optimal results — we will recommend the ideal treatment frequency.
PRF is safe and natural and involves minimal post-treatment side effects, such as mild redness, swelling, tenderness, and bruising around the treatment areas. The side effects dissipate within a few days. You can resume your daily activities and work immediately, but you should avoid strenuous workouts for 24 hours.
Do I need under eye filler or PRF?
Filler and PRF serve different purposes for under eye concerns:
- Under-eye fillers, typically hyaluronic acid-based, are commonly used to address volume loss, hollowing, or the appearance of dark circles under the eyes. The filler is injected to restore volume, smoothen the area, and minimize the appearance of shadows or depressions.
- Platelet-Rich Fibrin is derived from your own blood and contains growth factors that can promote tissue regeneration and rejuvenation. PRF injections may be used to improve the quality of the skin under the eyes, enhance collagen production, and stimulate natural healing processes. PRF is often employed for skin rejuvenation and can help with fine lines, texture, and overall skin health.
Please contact us in one of the following ways to schedule an appointment.