Laser hair removal eliminates unwanted hair permanently in a series of treatments. Our clients love the results our Bare 808 laser provides.
Free consultation appointment – you can get your first treatment done at same appointment
Having hair on certain parts of our bodies can make us feel self-conscious. When unwanted hair grows, our first instinct is to wax, tweeze, or shave the area. At Renew MedSpa, we are excited to offer you one of the best and most reliable hair removal options for men and women. Our laser hair removal service is comfortable, quick, and can be done on any skin type; it will give you the smooth you’ve always wanted without razor burn, irritation, or downtime. Schedule your appointment today to discover what our treatment can do for you.
- Book Appointment (free consultations)
- Contact us by phone/text: 952-212-1268
- Follow us: Facebook and Instagram
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is an excellent means of eliminating unwanted body hair permanently. At our Eagan, MN center, we use the Bare 808 laser system, which is the gold standard for effective hair removal on all skin types and targets hair at the root of the problem.
How it works
Pulses of light energy target the melanin in the hair follicle. The follicle is heated enough to destroy the root of the hair without causing damage to surrounding tissue. Any part of your body can be treated safely and comfortably. Our most common treatment areas include the brow, upper lip, chin, face, neck, arms, legs, back, underarms, stomach, chest, bikini, and Brazilian areas.
What to expect
During your treatment session, the Bare 808 laser head will make contact with your skin and move quickly across the skin while pulsing light. The light pulses cause a snapping or prickly sensation and warmth, which is very well tolerated. Mild redness, swelling, and a slight sunburn feeling that lasts up to a couple hours post treatment is a normal and expected. Approximately 5-21 days after your laser hair removal treatment some shedding of hair particles will occur. It may initially seem like hair is continuing to grow, but this is the treated hair pushing its way out of the follicle. Once this hair has been depleted, hair re-growth may occur, but at different rates on different areas of the body. New hair growth will not occur for at least three weeks after the treatment.
How many treatments are needed and how often?
A series of 8 treatment is recommended for full hair clearance. Individual results may vary. When it comes to hormonal areas, such as the face, underarms, and bikini, we recommend treatments every four weeks. For other areas, such as arms and legs, every eight weeks. When you come in for your first visit, we will determine the best schedule plan to suit your needs. The laser treats existing hair and does not prevent new hair from growing. New hair growth is typically from hormonal events such as menstruation, menopause, etc.
What’s the downtime?
There is no down time and you may return to your daily activities directly following treatment.
- Smooth, hair-free skin
- No more razor stubble
- No more ingrown hairs
- No more skin irritation
- Small areas: Brows, chin, upper lip
- Medium areas: Arms (half), Bikini, Brazilian, Buttocks, Chest, Face, Legs (half), Neck, Shoulders, Stomach, Underarms
- Large areas: Arms (full), Back/Neck/Shoulders, Chest/Stomach, Legs (full)
|Brazilian or Bikini extended add-on $250
Financing: Our Cherry financing is available. Choose from 3, 6, 12, 18, or 24 month payment plans with some qualifying for 0% APR options. View more details and apply before your appointment or at checkout.
Who is a candidate for this treatment?
At Renew MedSpa, our laser system can comfortably treat all skin types, including sensitive skin and sensitive areas. Each treatment will be carried out to provide you with the most comfortable and pleasant experience possible. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility for treatment, we are happy to answer them during your initial consultation.
- Active tan
- Pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to get pregnant
- Taking Accutane (must be off medication 6 months prior to treatment)
- Taking photosensitive meds (must be off medication 3 days prior to treatment)
- Blond, red, or gray hair
How to prepare for a treatment
- All hair in the affected area must be shaved to the skin.
- Before your first laser session, discontinue tweezing and waxing the face area 2 weeks prior and 4 weeks prior for other body areas and discontinue during your coarse of treatment. You may shave as much as you want in between laser hair removal treatments.
- Do not arrive to your appointment with an active tan or use of self-tanning products. Your appointment may be rescheduled if you have an active tan or have used self-tanning products.
- On the day of your appointment, please arrive with clean skin without makeup, lotions, creams, etc. to the treatment area. This includes no use of numbing cream prior to the appointment.
- Showering/bathing just prior to your appointment is recommended and appreciated.
- Avoid sun exposure two weeks before and two weeks after a laser treatment. If you are planning on having sun exposure – real or artificial – wear an SPF 30 or greater and cover the area from exposure, if possible. Tanning, tanning bed use, and self-tanners should be avoided 10 days prior to treatment. If you arrive to an appointment with an active tan, your appointment will be rescheduled.
- Discontinue use of Tretinoin type products (Renova, Tretinoin, Retin A, Retin A Micro, Tri-Luma, Solage, etc.) or Hydroquinone at least 2 or 3 days prior to treatment.
- It is important to discuss the following medical conditions with your technician prior to treatments: herpes, epilepsy, lupus, melanoma, tendency to keloid, psoriasis, and pigmentary problems.
- Some medications are photosensitizing so all medications and supplements should be discussed with your technician.
- The use of antibiotics should be discontinued two weeks prior to treatment.
Risks and side effects
After your treatment, you may experience some redness and bumps that last about two hours (for some individuals, especially with light skin, longer). It is normal for the treated area to feel like a sunburn for a few hours after your treatment, and you can use a cold compress to help with any discomfort. Post-treatment reactions vary depending on the coarseness, density, and color of the hair and the area being treated. In order to get the most effective treatment possible, it is important to avoid sun exposure, real or artificial. You should use 30 SPF or greater and cover the area being treated after your visit. Self-tanners must also be avoided during treatments.
Laser Hair Removal in Eagan, MN
Are you tired of razors and wax? Do you long for an effective way to get rid of unwanted hair? Look no further! At Renew MedSpa, we proudly provide our clients with effective laser hair removal solutions using our Bare 808 system. Make an appointment today by calling or texting us, or book online.