Renew MedSpa is the premier Plasma Pen provider in the Twin Cities. We are advanced trained and train other plasma technicians.
Rejuvenating your skin and regaining your youthful glow without surgery are now possible thanks to our effective plasma pen treatments! The Plasma Pen treatment provided at our Eagan center is the most advanced, nonsurgical, noninvasive, skin lifting, tightening, and rejuvenation treatment used to combat wrinkles and fine line, reverse collagen loss, and tighten sagging skin.
The plasma pen treatment targets a wide variety of skin conditions that have traditionally been treated with injections or plastic surgery. The Plasma Pen used at our center is an FDA-cleared device used to perform fibroblast therapy, a technique that stimulates production of collagen in the skin. It is the world’s most advanced device used to treat wrinkles and sagging skin.
Please contact us in one of the following ways to schedule an appointment.
Plasma Pen Treatments include:
How does Plasma Pen work?
As we age, our skin’s natural production of collagen molecules slows down dramatically, leading to a deflationary effect on the surface of our skin. This causes us to develop fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin as we get older. As the scaffolding of our skin deteriorates, it loses its natural laxity and texture, as the elastin that underpins our skin’s elasticity begins to wear out. Plasma Pen fibroblasting treatments can support this loss in structure with our range of non-invasive, soft-surgical face lifts and skin tightening treatments. Our plasma treatment method stimulates the fibroblasts in the skin to significantly tighten, repair, and eliminate wrinkles.
The plasma pen device delivers plasma energy to the skin’s epidermal layer, while also heating and disrupting the deeper dermal structure. This micro-trauma affects the superficial epidermis, as well as a deeper zone within the dermis – particularly the fibroblasts. Fibroblasts are the most common cells of connective tissue in the body that produce collagen.
What does this treatment address?
The Plasma Pen treatment produces excellent results for any area of the body, particularly the face and neck regions. Some of the most common areas of treatment that we address include:
- Acne scars
- Breast tightening/lift
- Crepey skin
- Crow’s feet around eyes
- Upper and lower eyelids – Bags and hoods
- Frown lines
- Forehead lines
- Neck, turkey neck
- Smile lines
- Jowl – jawline tightening
- Marionette lines – The creases or folds that run vertically from the corners of the mouth down to the chin
- Lipstick lines/vertical lines around the mouth
- Skin tag and mole removal
Our most popular treatments
- Plasma Pen Facelift – A Plasma Pen Facelift is the treatment that takes years off your appearance and gives you healthy, rejuvenated skin. This treatment is an excellent alternative to Botox and fillers and delivers comparable results to a surgical facelift but with much less down time and significantly less expense. (The average cost for a surgical facelift is anywhere from $10,000 to $20,000, and our Plasma Pen Facelift is a fraction of that cost).
- Plasma Pen Resurface Face Peel – A careful application of plasma energy over the whole the face will help smooth out fine lines, resurface the skin, brighten the complexion, reduce pore size, and remove pigmentation and other discoloration problems.
- Plasma Pen Upper Facelift – Forehead, frown lines, upper/lower eyes, crow’s feet.
- Plasma Pen Lower Facelift – Full smile lines, jawline, upper lip, chin, nose resurfacing.
- Plasma Pen Neck Lift – Full or half lift to tighten and lift the skin of the neck.
What can be treated with Plasma Pen?
- Any area of the face, neck, and body with sagging skin
- Hooded eyes, loose skin above the eyes, and bags and puffiness below the eyes that would otherwise require blepharoplasty [eyelift] surgery
- Bags under the eyes that would otherwise require blepharoplasty surgery
- Areas with excess skin on the face, neck, and body that may be due to aging, environmental factors, and weight loss
- Nasolabial folds [smile lines that extend from the nose to the corner of the mouth]
- Marionette lines [vertical lines at the corners of the mouth]
- Furrows and crow’s feet
- Forehead lines that would otherwise require correction by browlift surgery
- Sagging jowls that become more prominent with aging
- Sagging neck and décolleté
- Lipstick/smoker’s lines that form around the mouth from repeated movement
- Stretchmarks as a result of pregnancy or weight gain
- Milia [white bumps with dead cells that are stuck beneath the epidermis]
- Acne and other scarring
What Is a Plasma Pen treatment like?
When you arrive for your treatment at our Eagan, MN center, our team will do everything possible to help you feel at ease and well-informed. Before starting the procedure, we apply numbing cream to the treatment area, which reduces any discomfort you may have during the procedure. Everyone’s pain level is different, and some areas of the body may feel a little more sensitive than others, but most people say it’s very tolerable. Some clients have even fallen asleep. During the treatment, you will lie back, close your eyes, and listen to your favorite music as we complete the procedure.
The after effects of this procedure include swelling, scabbing, and pink skin after the crusts fall off. Skin color typically returns to normal within a week or two. These outcomes are normal and expected and signs of a successful treatment! Once the procedure is done, we will thoroughly explain your aftercare instructions and set up your follow-up appointment to review your results and take after photos. After this appointment, you will be provided with your before and after photos electronically so you can see your results and show them off to your friends and family.
Plasma Pen vs. Surgery
The Plasma Pen treatment is safe, particularly when compared to more invasive cosmetic procedures. It’s non-invasive and requires little-to-no downtime when compared to traditional surgery. Here are just some of the benefits of choosing this procedure:
- No injectable anesthetic required
- No scalpel, cutting, or ablation of the skin
- No stitches or scars
- Very low risk procedure
- Short downtime
- No thinning of the skin and more uniform that ablative resurfacing using lasers
- No asymmetries or risks of overcorrection
- Significantly less expensive than plastic surgery
- Permanent results (although the skin continues to age)
What results can I expect?
Results from this procedure are visible immediately along with cumulative improvements over the next three months. In some cases, more than one session may be needed for best results depending on your specific needs. Following your treatment, an average of seven days of downtime may be needed for your facial skin to heal. For body treatments, an average of 10-14 days of downtime may be required. Swelling and other side effects usually begin the day following your treatment and peak around day three. After day three, swelling subsides and scabs form. Scabs normally begin to fall off around day 6-7 (for face and neck). All of these outcomes are normal, expected, and signs of a successful treatment.
Am I a good candidate for this treatment?
Skin types 1-3 are the best candidates for all plasma pen treatments while skin types 4-5 are candidates for plasma skin rejuvenation peel treatments.
- Skin type 1: Very Fair – always burns, cannot tan
- Skin type 2: Fair – usually burns, sometimes tans
- Skin type 3: Medium – sometimes burns, usually tans
- Skin type 4: Olive – Rarely burns, always tans
- Skin type 5: Brown – never burns, always tans
- Skin type 6: Black – Never burns, always tans
Before and After Photos
Plasma Pen Treatments in Eagan, MN
Helping you look and feel your absolute best are our top priorities. If you want to live a life free of wrinkles, sagging skin, and other similar aging signs, we invite you to connect with our team at Renew MedSpa today. To get started, simply make an appointment by calling, texting, or completing the online form.
Please contact us in one of the following ways to schedule an appointment.