One of the things many people don’t anticipate as they age is the skin on their neck loses elasticity, becomes loose, and wrinkles and folds can be accentuated. The rather unglamorous term for this is “Turkey Neck.” Nothing gives away your age faster than a saggy turkey neck. Some may be surprised to learn that the skin on our neck ages faster than the skin on our face.
Why does the neck age faster?
- Your neck contains fewer oil glands than the face. Natural body oil helps preserve the hydration of the skin. Without this natural hydration, your neck will appear to age faster than your face.
- Constant movement of the neck (twisting and turning).
- Unprotected sun exposure – people tend to care for and protect their face skin but often forget about their neck.
- Weight loss.
- Life choices such as smoking and alcohol use.
How to treat and prevent Turkey Neck
Opus Plasma is a fantastic treatment for sagging jowls, turkey neck, hooded eyelids, bags under the eyes, puffy eyes, and overall loose skin. Plasma Pen delivers the most optimal and natural looking, long-lasting results, shortest down time, and the fastest recovery as it uses your own body’s own healing process. No surgery, no scars, minimal down time, long-lasting results.
What is an Opus Plasma treatment like?
During your free consultation at Renew MedSpa, we will discuss your concerns, complete a thorough assessment and answer all your questions, and create a unique treatment plan specific to you.
An Opus Plasma treatment takes about 15 to 20 minutes depending on the area of treatment, but you should plan on being at our office for about two hours. Before the treatment, a topical numbing cream is applied to the treatment area for 45 minutes to ensure your comfort during the procedure. Then, we use the Opus Plasma device to deliver radiofrequency and plasma energy through a handpiece that glides across your skin. This energy works to create microscopic channels in the skin that penetrate into the deep layers of the skin, stimulating your body’s natural healing process.
During the treatment you may feel nothing at all or a mild heat sensation. The treatment takes about 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the areas you are having treated. After treatment, you can expect some redness and swelling in the treatment area, which may last 2-4 days but will fade quickly as your body starts to heal. Your technician will provide detailed aftercare instructions and products, and you can return to your normal activities immediately after treatment.
How it works
Opus Plasma uses fractionated plasma energy to deliver effects similar to a deep resurfacing treatment without the downtime. During your treatment the device hovers above your skin and the unipolar RF energy emitted from its metal pins reacts with the air and generates plasma. This plasma creates tiny channels or “microinjuries” in your skin to stimulate new collagen and elastin production.
Because the plasma energy is fractional, it only treats a fraction of an area at a time, leaving the surrounding skin intact and allows for faster healing. The result is smoother, more elastic, and younger-looking skin, without the longer recovery of other skin resurfacing treatments and with minimal inflammation and discomfort.
Unlike laser treatments, the Opus Plasma is safe to use on sensitive skin around the eyes and mouth thanks to its precision applicator. It can also be used on larger areas, like the neck, chest, and body to address skin laxity and stretch marks.
Similar to fraxel and CO2 laser skin resurfacing, the Opus Plasma is a fractional device that treats a portion of the skin to safely improve the skin’s appearance from within.
When will I see results?
Most patients notice an immediate improvement in their skin tone and texture after treatment, but it may take several weeks to see final results as your body’s healing process and collagen building takes place for up to 12 weeks post treatment. We take before and after photos to capture your results so you can see your beautiful transformation.
How many treatments will I need?
Visible results are seen with only one treatment, but the recommended protocol is three treatments spaced four to six weeks apart for optimal results. To maintain your glow, maintenance sessions are recommended every six to 12 months after your initial series of three treatments.
Benefits of Opus Plasma treatments
- Natural alternative to synthetic, short-term neurotoxins and fillers.
- Naturally creates collagen and elastin, which, in turn, soften or eliminates fine lines and wrinkles.
- Very good and long-lasting results (3+ years).
- Very good results for skin resurfacing. addresses superficial to complex textural and skin-quality concerns that are traditionally corrected with conventional fractional resurfacing lasers or full-field ablative resurfacing lasers, but with less downtime and a higher safety profile.
- Removes pigmentation.
- Non-invasive preventative treatment to prevent fine lines and wrinkles forming. In other words, you don’t have to wait until you have developed lines and wrinkles to produce more collagen and elastin.
If you’re ready to turn back time on your neck, please contact us in one of the following ways to schedule a free consultation appointment to see if you are a candidate and to obtain pricing.