Skin Tightening & Rejuvenation
Renew MedSpa offers the latest in RF Microneedling with our Prolift RFM (Radiofrequency fractional microneedling) service. This treatment addresses skin concerns for both face and body, combining the advantages of microneedling and RF to help the skin remodel and repair itself from within. Common treatment benefits include skin tightening and lifting, fine line and wrinkle reduction, improved skin texture and tone, and a reduction in scarring and stretch marks. Prolift RFM treatments rejuvenates existing collagen and stimulates the production of new collagen and elastin for noticeably firmer, smoother, and brighter skin.
The skin is numbed prior to treatment with a prescription-strength numbing cream. After numbing, a device with tiny needles stamp the skin, creating micro-injuries and delivering heat using RF energy. The RF energy heats the underlying layers of skin, causing constriction and tightening of the skin, as well as the stimulation of collagen and elastin production. Because the RF energy is delivered so deeply, it can produce faster results that are more dramatic compared to traditional microneedling. Treatments are well-tolerated with minimal discomfort. Slight redness, swelling, and pinpoint bruising may be noticed following treatment, which may last 1-3 days. A sunburn-like sensation may also be present for 12-48 hrs.
- Overall skin rejuvenation
- Skin lifting and tightening
- Skin tone and texture improvement
- Fine line and wrinkle reduction
- Improved firmness and elasticity
- Builds collagen and elastin
How it works
Prolift RFM combines the benefits of microneedling with radio frequency, taking skin rejuvenation to the next level.
How many treatments are needed?
A series of 3 treatments is recommended for best results. More treatments may be needed if you have severe conditions. Results will continue to be seen in the months following your series. Annual or biannual maintenance treatments are recommended after the series of 3.
Does it hurt?
This treatment is non-invasive, well tolerated, and has little to no downtime and discomfort.
Who’s a candidate?
- Have you noticed the appearance of fine lines or wrinkles on your face or neck?
- Does the skin on your neck, face, or body seem to be thinner with less elasticity?
- Are you looking to reduce the look of stretch marks, acne, or surgical scars?
- Is the texture of your skin rough or uneven?
- Do you prefer a minimally invasive treatment with little downtime?
- Are you looking for a treatment suitable for all skin types?
If you answered yes to one or more of the above, the Prolift RFM treatment is a good solution for you.
- Accutane use within the last 6 months
- Active cancer
- Active cold sore (14 days post activation). If you have a history of cold sores, you should take antiviral medication 1 week prior to treatment and after treatment to prevent breakout.
- Active systemic or local skin disease that may alter wound healing
- Anticoagulant treatment for blood disease or heart condition
- Autoimmune disease or skin disorder
- Bells palsy
- Hemorrhagic disorder or haemostatic dysfunction
- Implantable metal device in the treatment area
- Patients under the age of 18
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Sun exposure, tanning bed exposure, and use of self-tanning lotions to the treated area 2 weeks before treatment.
- Tattoo in the treatment area
- Treating over areas with mechanical implants, derma fillers, implanted electrical devices, metal stents in the face and neck area, existing keloid scaring, open facial wounds, severe or cystic acne.
Risks and side effects
Hypo and/or hyperpigmentation, purpura, blistering, crusting, edema and erythema (redness and swelling), itchiness in treated area.
How to prepare for a treatment
- Do not have Botox within two weeks of a treatment.
- Do not have a dermal filler treatment within 4 weeks of treatment.
- Avoid using retinols or products containing vitamin A, topical antibiotics, hydroquinone, or benzoyl peroxide for at least 4-7 days before your treatment.
- Inform your technician about significant changes leading up to your treatment, including breakouts, excessive dryness, sunburn, etc.
- If you have a history of cold sores use antiviral medication before your treatment as needed.
- Arrive to your appointment with clean skin free of make-up, oils, lotions, and creams.
- Do not have exposure to the sun or tanning beds 2 weeks before a treatment.
- Protect the treated area with sunscreen for 4 weeks post treatment.
After a treatment
- Your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual and may last up to four hours.
- Redness will fade within 1-3 days.
- Minor bleeding, swelling, and bruising may occur.
- Within 1-2 days, you may notice your skin starting to flake or have a peeling effect. This may last around 5-7 days.
- No sun exposure for at least 24 hours post-treatment. Apply SPF 30+.
- Do not apply makeup for 24 hours.
- Avoid excessive sweating and exercising for 24-48 hours.
- Keep your skin hydrated.
- Do not touch, pick, scratch, or irritate the skin.
- You can apply a cold compress for comfort.
- Do not use any exfoliating products or ingredients for 7 days post treatment.
- If you experience a breakout, this is normal and part of the purging process.